The application deadline for the 2018/19 Professional Arts Training Program is Monday, March 12 at 11:59 p.m. PST. (Note that the added Development Apprenticeship has an extended deadline of Monday, March 26 at 11:59 p.m. PST.) Please read through all of the following information before submitting your application. If you have any questions, please contact the PATP Coordinator (click here).What exactly do I need to submit? Any tips for submitting a strong application?
For your convenience, please see below a brief description of each item in the application process:
Supplemental Question – in 500 words or less, address the following items:
- Describe the biggest challenges you have encountered in pursuing a career in the arts and how you have overcome them.
- Who are you? Where do you come from? What can Seattle Rep do for you that no other organization can? How will this opportunity impact your future?
- This is your chance to help us get to know you on a personal level.
Letter of Intent – in 500 words or less, address the following items:
- What experience would you bring to this specific Internship/Apprenticeship?
- What are you hoping to learn/explore during your time at Seattle Rep? Why is the Rep the best place for you to learn the specific skills you are looking for?
- How does this Internship/Apprenticeship fit in your career goals?
- This is your chance to let us know what makes you the strongest candidate for the specific Internship/Apprenticeship.
- Please include only your most relevant experience for the Internship/Apprenticeship you're applying for. List most recent experience first.
- To avoid formatting issues, please upload as a PDF file.
- Please only upload if you are applying for the following Internships: Paint, Props, or Lighting Design. Work samples for other Internships will not be considered.
- Please go to Internship Options to find more information about what will be considered as acceptable work samples for your selected Internship.
Letters of Recommendation
- Please include 2 letters of recommendation with your application.
- We want to hear from past professors, employers, or supervisors, especially those with whom you’ve worked with in a similar capacity as the Internship you are applying for.
- Tell your reference exactly what you are applying for and give them a list of the skills/strengths you want them to speak to. Blanket recommendations for multiple positions/organizations do not help set you apart from other candidates. Specificity is key!
The full application process will take approximately 30 minutes to complete and must be completed all at once. Please make sure you have all your supplemental materials prepared before you start, as they must all be uploaded into the form. Our current system does not allow you to save your application and come back to it later.
We recommend writing your letter of intent and supplemental question answer before starting the application process. That will allow you to simply copy-paste your supplemental question answer into the form and upload your letter when the time comes.
You can apply by postal mail! Just download our application and send all materials in one envelope to:
Seattle Repertory Theatre
155 Mercer St
Seattle, WA 98109
*Please note applications must be received in our offices by the deadline on Monday, March 12.
You can apply to a maximum of two different Internships. Please note that each internship will require a separate application – We also expect separate targeted cover letters and resumes for each Internship you apply for.
Once you have all your required materials and are ready to start the application process, proceed to the application form.